The main aim of the NOC Manager is coordination to ensure that the networking system runs efficiently without interruption. They manage the business process in the organization. The success of a NOC manager depends on their knowledge of the industry and their level of experience in the field. Typically, the NOC manager reports to top management.
What You’ll be responsible for?
Strategy & Planning
• The NOC Managers primary responsibility is to plan, organize, and manage staff and overall operations to ensure stability of customer's infrastructure.
• Provides overall expertise with all network operations functions.
• Ability to define, implement and enforce configuration management and change management policies and practices.
Acquisition & Deployment Support
• Handle escalations and manage support from different levels.
• Ensure adherence of operational metrics.
• Hire, develop, and retain highly responsive and customer focused engineers to ensure the effective operation of the department
• Manage tools, systems and procedures to ensure dynamic management of issues and customer management.
• Ensures all members of assigned technical teams are effective and fully utilized in order to provide high resource utilization.
• Evaluates technical skills of the team and ensures there is an appropriate level of expertise.
• Provide procedural training to staff.
• Perform performance objectives and performance reviews with all team members
• The NOC Manager will include hands on technical support work related to the overall health and maintenance of customer environments.
• This position will perform tier-2 and 3 escalation support and act as the point of contact in the NOC for all inquiries from other departments.
• The NOC Manager will manage all related partner operational expectations.
• Ensure continual process improvement within the NOC including but not limited to automation of NOC tasks and reporting, implementation of enterprise-wide monitoring initiatives, and routine administration tasks.
• Identify areas for process and efficiency improvement within the NOC; recommend prioritized enhancements and oversee implementation.
• Ensure that reports are accurate and delivered on time.
What you’d have?
Formal Education & Certification
• An NOC manager requires at least a bachelor's or master's degree with qualifications in computer science, electrical engineering, telecommunication engineering and information technology and related fields.
Knowledge & Experience
More than 12+ years' experience in product build and support experience with a high availability 24x7 including:
• Expert knowledge of (SCCM) System Centre configuration Manager 2012.
• Technical and troubleshooting skills a must. Knowledge and experience with Linux Environment, applications and monitoring tool.
• Knowledge of any scripting language and automation
• Good knowledge of DHCP, DNS, Clustering, Load Balancing, backup procedures, Group policy, Disaster recovery and High availability using industry standards.
• Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
• Network services experience is desired.
• ITIL V3 Foundation Certification preferred Personal Attributes
• Excellent leadership qualities
• Demonstrated history of successfully leading teams
• Excellent skills in developing processes and procedures for Client & In-house team.
• Excellent oral communication skills, writing and presentation skills
• Ability to interact with clients in a professional, articulate manner
Why join us?
We thought you would never ask! We offer all the usual stuff: competitive salary, flexible working hours, challenging product culture but the real perks are:
• Challenging and fun work environment solving meaningful real-life business problems - you will never have a boring day at the office.
• World-class team who love solving tough problems and have a bias for action.
Tanla is an equal opportunity employer.We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status.
Please be aware that we will contact only
candidates who best match the requirements of the position.